Whole-House 5 Stage Hepa Air Cleaner with Ultraviolet Light and Photocatalytic Filter
This Clean Comfort™ product offers five stages of air treat-ment for outstanding cleaning and sterilization of air in the home.
The AMHP-250-UPD combines HEPA particulate filtration, non-ozone producing UVC germicidal light for deactivation of viruses, bacteria and molds, photocatalytic oxidation for reduction of airborne chemicals, and activated carbon / potassium permanganate odor absorption - all in one air treatment system.
The unit can be duct-mounted, collar-mounted or used as stand-alone unit in the living space of the home
How It Works
- First, the air passes through a pleated carbon VOC prefilter to remove lint, large particles and heavy-weight gases to extend the life of the HEPA and PCO filter
- Smaller particles then pass through a long-life, 99.97% HEPA media filter, which captures particles 0.3 micron (1/84,000 of an inch) and larger. This HEPA filter has more than 40 ft² of collection surface area
- The clean air passes through a reflection chamber where two high-output ultraviolet (C band) germi-cidal lamps emit powerful UVC light rays that are designed to deactivate or inhibit bacteria, viruses, mold, fungi, and microbial growth.These are non-ozone producing lamps. The ultraviolet light is also used to activate the CinQuartz™ media located below the UVC lamps
- The CinQuartz™ PCO filter is a quartz media coated with nanoparticles of titanium dioxide (TiO2). The combined action of the UVC light and the TiO2decomposes volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into basic molecules such as H2O and CO2, thereby reduc-ing odors and airborne chemicals in the process
- In the last stage of treatment, the air passes through a final filter containing a mixture of activated carbon and potassium permanganate to further reduce odors and light gases. Treated air is discharged back into the return air duct.
Long-Lasting and Effective
Although the AMHP only treats a portion of your home's air at a time, it can treat all the air in a 2,000 square foot home in just over an hour of operation when running continuously on full speed.
The very large collection surface area of the HEPA filter (40 ft²) ensures a long service life: up to 2-3 years, based on conditions in the home.